Handyman Question

Built in wardrobes need removing, do i need a handyman or another tradesman?

The previous owner of our house was a builder and has put in these handmade built in wardrobes. I can't find any screws or way of attaching them to the wall/floor and have no idea how to remove them. The only thing I can think of is take a sledgehammer to them, but my concern is damaging the wall behind them. would a general handyman be able to this or would I need a qualified tradesmen. If so which one? x

4 Answers

Best Answer

Hi, a handyman will do, or ask a friend or neighbour, fixing are there might be behind the back or up above keep looking your find them , dont take sledge just make more work good luck colin. Just been thinking start bye takening doors of, then gently knock out any shelfs,then remove front , things should be easer to see good luck col.

Answered 13th Apr 2012

Rigsby Handyman

Member since 14 Aug 2009

it will probably be fixed with angle brackets from above and behind any cover panels probably falls under a joiner but doesnt seem like enough work for a joiner to take on and its not worth paying the 15 an hour joiners rate get a friend to do it

Answered 10th Aug 2012

ARK roofing specialists

Member since 9 Aug 2012

Handyman off here - safest bet - insured if anything goes amiss!
Shouldn't charge a fortune.

Answered 26th May 2013

High Lane Handyman

Member since 25 Jan 2013

Handyman or a furniture maker/fitted, there will be fixings somewhere and once found the wardrobes will come out with ease

Answered 8th Nov 2018

CS creative

Member since 8 Nov 2018

No feedback

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Handymen who can help you with your project.

Search all questions