Architectural Services Question

Front of house external window sill on 1880's victorian terraced house

The concrete window sill at the front of the house has a huge crack in it and has dropped approx 2. Would like to know what type of tradesman I should contact to get it fixed. Thanks ever so much.

2 Answers

Best Answer

First contact a bricklayer/builder and hope its just the mortar bed that has perished and fallen out causing the cill to crack.In which case its a matter of replacing the cill or casting one in-situ.If this is not the case you might have to get a surveyor out.Would suggest you do something soon before theres any damage to window frame .(P.S I'm assuming thats 2ins)

Answered 21st Apr 2012

wood enterprises

Member since 29 Mar 2012

If you mean it has dropped 2ins. then this sounds like subsidence and you will need to get a surveyor out to offer their opinion. There are many different causes of subsidence, but the first thing to do is monitor the situation, to see whether the building is still moving or whether it has settled.

Answered 11th Jun 2012

Thames Design & Build Ltd

Member since 8 Jun 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Architectural Services who can help you with your project.

Search all questions