Architectural Services Question

Remodelling design

We want to develop our house so that it makes the most of its potential. As much of it as we can afford anyway! We are considering removing walls;dormer loft conversion; room in attic. Can any architect provide design ideas or do we need one who specializes in this field?

3 Answers

An Architect or Designer is the best person to consult for this type of project as they will assess the house as a whole and establish your requirements and offer advice on the best solution to achieve your goals. They should also offer an initial free design consultation.

Answered 12th Apr 2012

Architectural Services

Member since 1 Dec 2011

Any Architect or Designer can provide design ideas - The key would be if they are any good and do they meet your requirements.
You will need to be clear as to the extent of the works you would like and realistic regarding the budget of such works.

Answered 23rd May 2012


Member since 23 May 2012

Extending a house can be surprisingly complex. Experienced residential design is essential or cost can be a shock at building stage. A good design should always be accompanied by a realistic budget cost. Most architectural practices will direct you to an expensive quantity surveyor!
Dave P
Cernunnos Homes

Answered 30th May 2012

Cernunno Homes

Member since 30 Mar 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Architectural Services who can help you with your project.

Search all questions