Plumbing Question

My mum has a 9yr old toilet that's started to leak from the base-is this an expensive repair job or should my mum just buy a new toilet and get a plumber to fit?

5 Answers

Best Answer

Could be the pan connector from the rear leaking down to the base! or worst case cracked pan. either way good plumber will advise and do job for around 60-70 quid+materials! cheap wc from wickes 60quid all to change the toilet,and just a call out to replace the pan connector which the rubbers may have perished!


Answered 8th Apr 2012

kelly plumbing Heating & gas

Member since 4 Jan 2012

New toilet.As cheap as chips if you want something bog standard lol.

Answered 7th Apr 2012

Roc builders

Member since 25 Aug 2011

buy er a new toilet with a nice soft close seat ect square line pans are in at the mo supply and fit 250-300

Answered 7th Apr 2012


Member since 7 Jun 2008

I'd recommend putting a new one in

Answered 7th Apr 2012

Park Plumbing & Tiling

Member since 16 Nov 2010

depend where leak coming from the toilet pan itself or cistern as if it cistern can be repaired pan might mean a crack and then advise a new toilet

Answered 7th Apr 2012


Member since 10 Oct 2007

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions