Extensions Question

Do i need building control?

I live in a flat and would like to knock the wall through between the kitchen and the living room. Also close off the kitchen and living room and create a new opening I also need to remove 3 chimney breast: 2 chimneys in the bedrooms 1 in the living room.

Do I need building control?

2 Answers

DEFINETLY.You will also need the help of a structural engineer.

Answered 27th Mar 2012

Roc builders

Member since 25 Aug 2011

Hi Rozario_53
You most certainly need building control for any structural alteration carried out in a dwelling and would highly recommend getting a Structural engineer's survey/report completed prior to getting building control out as they will want to see the calculations. Also you mentioned you live in a Flat & removing Chimney's are they connected to your neighbours? Also removing chimney's are not for the faint hearted If the process is not started and completed in the correct order you may end up with 2tn of bricks and chimney pots in the room.

Best of luck.

Answered 27th Mar 2012

Personal Buildings

Member since 27 Mar 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Extension Builders who can help you with your project.

Search all questions