Plumbing Question

My shower mixer is connected to the mains only and i can not afford to connect to the tank as i think it is too far away, can i just fit a basic shower/tap mixer instead.

The cold water tank is in another part of the building so it will cost me too much to connect, should i just replace the shower unit for a basic shower/tap,could i attach it on the wall above the bath ? will it work? I think maybe it will be the cheapest option to just go down the basic route, which one would anyone suggest.

2 Answers

Best Answer

Yes you can, just make sure that the bath shower mixer is okay on mains pressure as some are only for gravity/tank fed systems.
Hope this helps.

Answered 21st Mar 2012

PHG Services

Member since 17 Mar 2012

It is actually illegal to fit a Bath shower mixer to the mains.

Answered 18th Dec 2014

Step-Free Showers

Member since 12 Dec 2014

No feedback

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions