Plumbing Question

Need help with a blocked sink

Hi There I wonder if anyone can help me we have dodgy plumbing in our kitchen and our waste water pipe from the washing machine keeps blocking and overflowing so we have to put the pipe in our sink now our double sink is blocked we tried mr muscle but it didnt work and I was wondering if anyone could give us any hints and tips as we really cant afford a call out at the moment thank you

2 Answers

unscrew the traps and clean em out ,also certain cheaper brands of washing powder and dishwasher tablets ect build uo in the traps causing blockages

Answered 14th Mar 2012


Member since 7 Jun 2008

when it blocks buy a product called dambuster or knockout from a plumbers merchant. Pour that down blockage it will sort it. Be very careful with the product as it's fairly agressive

Answered 14th Mar 2012

Park Plumbing & Tiling

Member since 16 Nov 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions