Restoration & Refurbishment Question

Removing a partition wall between wc and bathroom

Hi am looking to do a complete bathroom refirb in the flat i have just purchased. the building is 1950's 4 storey with our flat on the ground and first.

the WC and bathrrom are on the first floor and ideally i would like to remove the partition wall between them and fit a new bathroom.

I was wondering how to find out whether this is load bearing/structural. Who would i need to come and assess this and confirm that it could be removed?



3 Answers

Best Answer

Hi Chloe, you need to get yourself a structural engineer to tell you whether the wall is load bearing. He could then calculate the steel required (if required).



Answered 7th Mar 2012

Park Plumbing & Tiling

Member since 16 Nov 2010

Hi Chloe, You will need to contact building control, as you live in a block of
flat's with flat's above you, a builder could tell you whether or not, but any
change's will need to be confirmed with them.

Good luck with it.

Regards, Paul

Answered 7th Mar 2012

Paul Callaghan Builder

Member since 27 Feb 2012

for all structural works contact a structural engineer first to assess then forward calculations to the council ,then get builders to price from his calcs

Answered 7th Mar 2012


Member since 7 Jun 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Restoration & Refurb Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions