Ask a tradesman


Electric underfloor heating.

Is fitting electric underfloor heating in a kitchen, notifiable in Wales. Does this have to be certified by an electrician? We will be running a spur off a socket already in place. We have a tradesperson who is able to complete but as he is not a certified electrician, would it be advisable to go ahead without the certificate? We have also been informed that this is notifiable and that we will need a new RCD. Any advice appreciated.

4 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

Best Answer

It wouldnt be notifiable,but would require a small works certificate,an rcd is preferable.Also if the tradesman recieves payment,then he must be registered.


Answered 8th Jul 2019

All electrical work should be completed by a certified person who can sign there work of via part p ect, all electrical work had to be given a certificate upon completion.
You can use a fused spur to provide the supply but this needs the existing circuit testing to confirm it can handle the extra load and should be clearly marked at the fuse board that it is also supplying the feed for the heating.
All circuits should be protected with by an rcd according to 18th edition.


Answered 8th Jul 2019

Hi I'm not sure about Wales however in England recently have fix a Warmup underfloor heating . Manufacturer requested to be fitted by qualified electrician at individual circuit RCD protected. As far I'm concern it's a notifiable work EICs certificate has to be issued.


Answered 12th Jul 2019

A minor works certicate would be required.
Any electrical equipment in a bathroom must be protected by a RCD.


Answered 12th Jul 2019

Post your job to find high quality tradespeople and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories