Plumbing Question

How do i turn up the water pressure on the bathroom taps?

4 Answers

Best Answer

This all depends on what system you have e.g combi boiler/ traditional tank and cylinder, type of taps (washers or ceramic e.g halfturn or turns alot) and water pressure coming into the house.
As i don't know this yet you can try opening the mains stop tap more, seeing if the pipes to taps have any valves on them with you can open more, check the valves in the cylinder cupboard, but if it is just bathroom and downstairs is ok then i would suggest a pump which would cost around £200-£350 to fit.
Jamie Anderton

Answered 29th Mar 2011

Jamie Anderton Plumbing and Heating Specialists

Member since 26 Mar 2011

normally you cant. Pressure is not to be confused with flow rate. If you are suffering with slow flow rates from just one set of taps it could be a number of things. Are isolating valves fitted and not turned on fully? is there a kink in the pipe that is restricting flow. if not you probably just need to replace the valve body on the taps. hope this helps. if its none of these re post telling us what kind of system, if you are not sure put your hand over the spout and hold on tight while you turn the tap on. if water squirt out you have a pressurised system, if you can hold the water back you have a gravity. this may give us some clues to other options. hope this helps, regards jez

Answered 29th Mar 2011

Fendex SW

Member since 29 Jan 2009

hi a lot of times water pressure and water volume can get mistaken as jamie said you need to check if its from a tank or off the mains most kichen tapes are of the main.

Answered 29th Mar 2011

cosy homes

Member since 10 Mar 2009

Your incoming mains water pressure is provided by your water supplier and is not normally adjustable, if the bathroom taps are tank fed the pressure will depend on the height of the stored water above the taps.
10m of vertical water = 1 bar (14.5psi) pressure.
2 -3 bar is normally adequate. 0.2 bar is about as low as can be accepted. 8 bar is excessive.

I guess your query may be more to do with the flow of water?

Answered 29th Mar 2011

Quality Heating Services

Member since 10 Apr 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions