Ask a tradesman
Are central heating filters any good?
I am looking to get an old boiler replaced and was wanting to know if it would be beneficial to get a central heating filter installed at the same time?
If so, which one would you recommend?
Thanks for the help.
2 Answers from MyBuilder Plumbers
Yes A sludge removal filter is always beneficial.
Answered 22nd Feb 2012
A filter is a definate if you want to prolong the life of your boiler.
I fit the TF1 because its easier to empty. but location has to be considered.
remember to use a cleaner before you fit and an inhibutor when filling the system.
Answered 23rd Feb 2012
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Potterton combi HE 28 plus showing E160 error, but is high pressure on central heating.
- Any help or advice about my Boiler not heating past 45 Degrees for Central Heating Only
- Installing underfloor heating when you have no central heating system
- Central heating flummoxing 3x local plumbers- any help appreciated!