Extensions Question

I have a coal/outhouse attached to my house its single skin 3m x 3m with 1 single skin internal wall can i knock this wall dwn and sit an rsj on 2x4in studs running along the inside of external walls

im planning turning my coal/outhouse into part of the house sort of extention im planning on doing this myself so i want it doing safely the roof is 6inch concrete pad ive been told i might not need anything to support it but thought id check all options first... anybody got some advice.

2 Answers

Best Answer

yes get a builder to do it ,if you are asking questions like this ,i know nothing about computers so i would never dream of opening 1 up and tring to fix or install a new programme,theres diy and theres building work ,you are going to bite off more than you can chew

Answered 14th Feb 2012


Member since 7 Jun 2008

I wouldnt recommend doing anything like this without a builder or building control.You cant do things like this and expect everything to be ok.Your outhouse is nowhere near good enough to become part of your actual house.If you were allowed to do it,you would need to adhere to LOADS of different regs.

Answered 14th Feb 2012

Roc builders

Member since 25 Aug 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Extension Builders who can help you with your project.

Search all questions