Extensions Question

Type of warranties/insurance for building extension

I am planning to build an extension to my house. What time of warranty or insurance should I request for builders? If the projects has been supervised by building control, does that means that they will give us a warranty?

2 Answers

Best Answer

If you were to build under a JCT Minor works Contract there would be a designated 12 month defect liability clause and additionally an Architects Liability can be surmised by referring to the Limitation Act 1980 Section 2.
Also refer to The Latent Damage Act 1986.

Answered 15th Feb 2012

Lee Davidson RIBA

Member since 22 Jan 2010

no building control dont give warranties
if you employ a recognised fmb builder they will be able to offer a number of different warranties through masterbond this is an insurance backed structural warranty but there is a cost involved which the client has to pay

Answered 16th Feb 2012

sequoia construction

Member since 4 Nov 2007

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Extension Builders who can help you with your project.

Search all questions