Chimneys & Fireplaces Question

Second floor chimney

Dear sir , i live on the second floor , i have one floor above me who is my neighbor ,i want to install a chimney but my neighbor does not want me to core his floor and connect the tubes to his chimney and extend to the roof top, what is the best way to get the extension out to the roof top.

2 Answers

Best Answer

Hi well what you need is a outside wall to go through and some sort of twin wall flue but it depends on what sort of fire you have to the type of flue you install

Answered 9th Feb 2012

Mike Moffatt Building Services

Member since 8 Feb 2012

Mike is spot on.

If you can. situate the applaince next to an external wall, then send the flue out and up the outside of the building. You need a twin wall insulated system such as Negarra or Selkirk if you are feeling flush. Diameter needs to be suitable for the applaince (6" internal for a stove and 8" internal for an open applaince) and if it is a shared building you may wish to consider powder coating the components before installation to avioid the "chip shop" look.

Always use a HETAS registered engineer to carry out the installation or you will need to submit building control application and have building officer check it off at additional cost.

Answered 13th Feb 2012

Chimney Care & repair Ltd

Member since 4 Jul 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Chimney & Fireplace Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions