Damp Proofing Question

Damp top corner in bedroom

I have a large wet damp mark, top corner of one of my bedrooms. There are no rooms above (other than the loft), am semi detached. Who should i get to help me withthis? how do i know if its the roof, gutting or just damp? Thanks!

2 Answers

Best Answer

short answer is that you will need to get up a ladder and check the area. it is likely to be guttering first followed by loose tile secound. it is unlikely to be 'just damp' regards paul

Answered 7th Feb 2012


Member since 20 Jul 2008

If it's a wet patch, water is penetrating from the roof, IE parapet wall, Loose tiles, Lead flashing. If it is mould then it is more likely to be condensation.
Try a trusted roofer before calling a damp specialist.
Best Regards

Answered 29th Mar 2012

DSL UK Damp & Timber Specialists

Member since 9 Mar 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions