Ask a tradesman
How do i adjust this hinge please?
I have a Upvc door which has dropped so it will not close, and I cannot see how to adjust the hinges.
2 Answers from MyBuilder Handymen
Normally upvc doors have the adjustment screws hidden under a plastic cover, which slides off...
There is an adjustment screw, and a lock screw on each hinge..
You will need to loosen off the locking screw first (with a hexagonal Allen key)..
Turning the adjustment screw half a turn at a tome, you will see the door move slightly..
See if this makes your problem better, or not..
If not, give it a full turn in the opposite direction, and test for improvement..
A bit of judicious trial and error should resolve your problem..
Answered 20th Oct 2018
- I have embossed vinyl tiles on my solid kitchen floor. Can I lay new vinyl on top?If not do I need to remove the glue residue (and how do I do this) or put down hardboard. before laying the new vinyl?
- i want to make french doors to replaec an existing window but i would likw to ensure that the doors can open outwards beyond 90 degrees for each door. Any advice how i can do this, please?
How do I find out if I can extend on a property I am in the process of purchasing
Hello, I have just had an offer accepted on a semi detached house in Bracknell, Berkshire. I am buying the house on the...
Why can I only get hot water if I reduce the flow and how do I fix this?
I have a combination boiler and the central heating in the house works fine. However, the hot water in one of our two bathrooms is...
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery