Ask a tradesman

Chimneys & Fireplaces

Old fireplace surround removal


I'm looking to get an old fireplace surround removed that takes up the whole side of one wall. Question is what tradesman can do that for me and is it a big job?


Pictures of fireplace surround

2 Answers from MyBuilder Chimney & Fireplace Specialists

Best Answer

It would depend if you wanted to block up the fireplace as well, but I would hire a mason/bricklayer to take down the surround And then block up the fireplace with insulation blocks, hardwall the blocks then plaster to marry in to the rest of the wall. Not a massive job but you would need at least two days.
Hope this helps


Answered 19th Sep 2018

Hiya - fairly big job and messy 😊- bricklayer plasterer or multitrade - kind regards Gareth


Answered 18th Oct 2018

Post your job to find high quality tradespeople and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories