Ask a tradesman

Loft Conversions

I'm in the trade but can i ask what insulation you prefer?

Ideally if you have experience of both do you prefer to use multi foils or ridged foam i.e. kingspan . When doing loft conversions ?

3 Answers from MyBuilder Loft Conversion Specialists

Best Answer

Both types have their advantages, however where space will permit we tend to use kingspan or celotex as it can be easily cut to the right size and shape to fit between timber work. Where space/access is restricted we would use the foils. It is worth asking your local building control officer if they prefer/recommend the use of one rather than the other on each project.

Hope this helps
Artro Property Services


Answered 27th Jan 2012


you need to acheive the u value ,all different ways ,however 200mm rafters,180mm quilt and super quilt
this has a u value of 0.14 well under

yours prestigehomeimprovements


Answered 29th Jan 2012

Multifoils are great for solid wall insulation, behind timber framing, but although thin you need to carefully consider u-values, but also easy to fix up. If you have the room you cant beat celotex (bit cheaper in south east compared to kingspan)


Answered 29th Jan 2012

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories