Damp Proofing Question

After done the building survey, do i need do the damp survey or not ?

After done building survey on property, the result showed house have serious dampness and suggested me find the PCA member to do future damp control solution. This moment, i tried phone the contractor though PCA website. They said i need do the survey first and then give the quotation for future job. The thing is they take survey fee for it. I am quite confused that i already have full structure survey, do i need do this damp survey or not ? thank you very much.

2 Answers

Hi, Hope I can help you.I am a fully qualified PCA member.You have been recommended a PCA contractor because they are fully qualified and hold a genuine licence,to offer advise and carry out any necessary remedial works.In terms of damp and timber defects it is wise to obtain specialist candid advise.The fee that is charged is just a small reward for the time and knowledge given.Assuring you of best intentions.

Answered 17th Jan 2012

Baileystorm Preservation

Member since 19 Oct 2011

Not all companys take a fee to Survey a property! And the one`s that do and then say" It will come off the price if given the work"! Is a Gimmick!
Been in the trade since 1997 and i have been on a PCA course but not a member etc....I have worked with some great Surveyors with years of experience and they are not PCA trained,also worked with people who are trained and theyre no better...Its all about hands on knowledge,commen sense and knowledge about the trade.
Recently there was a rogue trader programe and alot of PCA trained surveyors got it so wrong....Commen sense and knowledge is the key...And FREE surveys to the client unless your travelling maybe 40 minutes away.

Good luck and seek a PCA member maybe,but ask if they offer a FREE survey.

Answered 18th Jan 2012

Cannon Preservation Ltd

Member since 21 May 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions