Painting & Decorating Question

Fixing wall after removing wallpaper

Hi I removed wall paper from the walls but some of the paint/plaster has come off the wall in patches underneat the paper. The patches are full length of wall in places.Have painted over them but you can atill see them, how do I fix them

3 Answers

Probably best to skim the walls.

Answered 16th Jan 2012


Member since 29 Oct 2008

You need to have the wall plaster skimmed over with a top coat finish, as long as the undercoat plaster is sound and solid. A good plasterer will do this and you can decorate over the top when finished and dry.

Answered 16th Jan 2012

Pimco, property improvement and maintenance co.

Member since 30 Jul 2008

re plaster

Answered 25th Jan 2012

hugh strain

Member since 16 Jan 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Painters & Decorators who can help you with your project.

Search all questions