Gas Work Question

Replacing gas hob with electric hon?

I'm looking to replace a gas hob...not sure if I have to replace with a gas one or if I can heave electric hon. Would prefer an electric hob.
Any advice?
Then I can purchase.

3 Answers

You can replace a gas hob with either gas or electric hob.
Just make sure its a similar size so that the worktop wont need much cutting out.
If you go for gas, make sure you get a gas engineer to safely disconnect the old one and connect the new one tested.
If you for electric , make sure you still use a gas engineer to safely cap off your old hob.


Answered 8th May 2018

Safe-Fix Heating

Member since 12 Oct 2017

Just cap the gas off and replace with an electric hob. Be advised that you'll need a specific cooker socket for an electrical installation. Also make sure you use a Gas Safe registered engineer to cap off the gas.

Answered 8th May 2018

JAM Properties Limited

Member since 7 May 2018

Yes it's totally possibly - as long as there is a sufficient electrical supply near by for the hob to be connected to.

Answered 9th May 2018

DPW Services

Member since 8 May 2018

No feedback

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions