Extensions Question

I have a inspection cover where i want the extension to go, ca this be moved?

also who would i need to contact, to make sure i am following building regs

5 Answers

Best Answer

Hi Kam
it depends on who owns the drain you or wessex water.
If its you you can lintel over the pipe, if its wessex water you will need to contact them.
If you need any more help contact me
Mike Cleverley

Answered 11th Jan 2012

Cleverley Builders

Member since 13 Jun 2008

This should have been all sorted at the planning stage, where in relation to the proposed extension will the manhole be, ?
If it falls inside the extension you will need a double sealed manhole to finish level with f/f/l
If its outside, you might have to reroute the drainage, ie manhole on each change of direction, if pipes are passing through foundations you will have to fit lintols.
The footings will need to be deeper than invert levels, all these works will need to be checked with bco, so it is them that you need to contact.

Answered 11th Jan 2012


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Yes it can be redirected

Answered 11th Jan 2012

jemma james

Member since 10 Jun 2010

building control at your local council office would need to be informed to meet regulations they would also advise you of your options as far as moving the inspection chamber.

Answered 11th Jan 2012

project6 building solutions

Member since 9 Jan 2012

your builder should be able to advise you.If he cant,get another builder

Answered 13th Jan 2012

m w building construction and property maintenance

Member since 28 Sep 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Extension Builders who can help you with your project.

Search all questions