Plumbing Question

Replace a tap unit that is so close to tiling.

I need to replace a bath tap that has broken...I have the unit but cannot access the tap with normal tools because the unit is so close to a tiled area that I cannot get a fix....are there any tools you can suggest that can access this...I do not really want to break and remove the tiles behind the unit.

2 Answers

Best Answer

You can access the tap with a tap spanner available at any diy store.

Answered 10th Jan 2012

dwpcutler Carpentry

Member since 17 Nov 2009

I know the problem. I think the only bit of kit that is going to work is the adjustable basin wrench made by Monument Tools. It has the thinnest semi circular ratchet on the market and works for basins and baths. About £20 ish
through plumbase or direct from Monument Tools website.

Best of luck,


Answered 10th Jan 2012

photofinish contracts

Member since 6 Oct 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions