Painting & Decorating Question

How to cover haircracks in ceiling following fully dry

3 Answers

Best Answer

Get a stanley knife and clean out the cracks then use filler

Answered 6th Jan 2012

1 Stop Maintenance

Member since 6 Jan 2012

Sound like its where the plasterboard sheets meet , if it is plasterboard. Opinions differ but I would have the whole lot skimmed and any cracks have tapped, the plasterer will do this. Have him tape along each crack and then some. Then decorate . If its an insurance job they would expect this to be done + decorated , if not you should have this done because you will only have to do it once. Best of luck tjh

Answered 6th Jan 2012

T J Hubble

Member since 18 Aug 2009

Both above answers right.. if your going through insurance then the whole room should be done. If your doing it yourself then just rake out the cracks apply some stain block, fill & sand then re-dec...

Good luck.

Answered 6th Jan 2012


Member since 26 Oct 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Painters & Decorators who can help you with your project.

Search all questions