Windows Question

Window sizing

We need to change our window - and eventually the whole house. However, the timber/aluminium window in at the moment measures 1167x1000mm, and needs replacing we are looking at upvc. The measurements we are coming accross seem to start at 1190 x 1010mm (excl. sill) , would anyone have any suggestions please?

4 Answers

Best Answer

Hi Cammer,

The measurement's you are finding are standard size windows that you can buy off the shelf.

You can get upvc windows made to any size of opening though. You'd have to employ a winow fitter to come and measure it for you.

Kind regards


Answered 3rd Jan 2012

Rebel Carpenter

Member since 24 Sep 2008

Hi, If I were you I would either call a local upvc manufacturer or tradesman and have them measured up and made to size, I doubt that you will find that size on the shelf anywhere, if the fitter / manufacturer measure and fit then the responsibility of measuring lies with them, although sounds simple enough a mistake could end up quite costly

Answered 3rd Jan 2012


Member since 26 Feb 2008

Get a window fitter out to measure up and fit the windows.

Answered 3rd Jan 2012


Member since 29 Oct 2008

you need to contact a window manufacturer,not someone who merely sells somebody elses product,

Answered 3rd Jan 2012

m w building construction and property maintenance

Member since 28 Sep 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Window Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions