Plastering Question

What type of plastering service - skimming or plastering

would we be looking for as we have taken off the old tiles. There are of course some damage along the way with the plaster but no holes. The walls have odd bits of tile cement on them. It is for a bathroom we want a prodominetly paint finish in the room with tiles above wash basin, 2 or 3 rows over bath and corner shower area. Many thanks

4 Answers

You need a plasterer, if you have cleaned all the old stuff of, he will apply a bonding agent on the wall, such as Febond blue grit, thistle bonding, prior to a 2 coat skim.

Answered 3rd Jan 2012


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Hello cammar,
The type of plastering that I normally undertake is mainly the application of a backing plaster to a wide range of backgrounds and then the application of a finish plaster.We also apply a finish coat to pure plasterboard commonly known as skimming.If you require a traditional plaster the type that manufactures coving and ornimental ceiling roses I have a fantastic contactor the has work on my behalf before.
That Ian

Answered 3rd Jan 2012

Inside out

Member since 5 Dec 2011

hello there, i come accross this problem quite often and you should be able to have the room unibonded skimmed, any small holes where its gone back to the brick could be patched and then the whole wall skimmed

Answered 3rd Jan 2012

universal building services ltd

Member since 28 Dec 2011

Hi take off any loose or high points,fill out where necessary with thistle bonding,score rest of the wall and give it a couple of good coats of pva and 2 coats of multi finish over whole wall,hope this helps

Answered 4th Jan 2012

Maltby Plastering

Member since 4 Jan 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions