Conservatories Question

I live in a mid terrace one bedroom house, neighboura juts out one metre of brick wall in my garden, his garden is 7 metres long will he need planning permission?

sorry for a conservatory. 10 foot long which means it will come half way down my narrow garden, I am concerned about losing light in my garden.

3 Answers

Best Answer

Will he need planning for what, ?

Answered 3rd Jan 2012


Member since 29 Oct 2008

same as above, a bit more of an expalantion needed, is it conservatory or wall

Answered 6th Jan 2012

jonathan e thomas

Member since 4 Jan 2012

all planning permitted development guidelines are available on the planning portal website. Being a terraced property, one of the criteria is no extension protruding 3m beyond the original wall of the house. If your neighbour's conservatory does need permission and he applies to your local authority, take a look at the plans and address your concerns in writing to them about the loss of light. Only if it needs to be applied for can you raise it as a concern.

Hope this helps


uk property services

Answered 31st Jan 2012

UK Property Services

Member since 21 Feb 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Conservatory Installers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions