Gas Work Question

Can a gas meter be moved from outside to inside a garage, it needs to be moved for an extension

6 Answers

Best Answer

you need to contact TRANSCO to arraign this work as this is outside the scope of the normal gas work.

Answered 29th Dec 2011

B. Clark & Son

Member since 21 Dec 2010

yes but you will need a wales and west utilities team to move the incoming main in to the garage and then the meter will need refitting both jobs usually take a week and will cost around £500.00 this is because two seperate parties needed to do work.

Answered 30th Dec 2011

AM heating

Member since 13 May 2009

Gas meters are often moved for extensions,conversions etc.You will need to contact your supplier to do this as they are the only people that are LEGALLY allowed to do this.Be warned though,this will not come cheap.

Answered 29th Dec 2011

Roc builders

Member since 25 Aug 2011

You will need to contact your utility provider, they are the ones who would move it and it would have to be in a position so as they can read the meter.

Answered 29th Dec 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

You need to ensure that you use a Gas Safe Registered engineer who is qualified to work on meters

Answered 29th Dec 2011

Deans Heating

Member since 22 Jan 2010

very expensive and they will not move it inside .but ask your supplier ,if they do then you will have to have a gas installer on hand as your supplier will not reconnect your pipework to the inside

Answered 29th Dec 2011

crest installations and maintenance services

Member since 25 Oct 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions