Conversions - General Question

Room dividing

I am going to split one of my bedrooms into two, do I need to inform anyone about this?

5 Answers

Best Answer

Technically you should.You would need to adhere to certain regulations.The main one being that BOTH rooms would need a window with an opening that meets size requirements in terms of fire escape and ventilation.Thousands of people do this without following safety requirements and only you can decide if you want to run it by building control first.

Answered 29th Dec 2011

Roc builders

Member since 25 Aug 2011

the person who sleeps in that room would like to know i think .other than that keep it to yourself

Answered 29th Dec 2011

crest installations and maintenance services

Member since 25 Oct 2011

To be on the safe side ask your local bco, you may need regs and it could affect your house insurance should you have a fire.

Answered 29th Dec 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

You will need building regulations approval - dnt listen to those wh have answered saying "keep it to yourself" as they sound like cowboys!


Answered 2nd Jan 2012

AJ Plastering & Building Services

Member since 14 Jan 2010

if it is just a stud partition wall no you wont as long as you are not interfering with the structure

Answered 29th Dec 2011

John Hodgins Plastering & Renovation Services

Member since 17 Nov 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Conversion Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions