Ask a tradesperson


Bricking up old dryer vent?

In our downstairs utility there's an old vent for a dryer that's no long used, so we have a hole going through the outer wall of the house to the outside world. I'd like to remove it to reduce the amount of heat we're no doubt leaking!

The house is built using normal red bricks and has a cavity. Is the work required to do this to simply brick up the gap inside and out and then plaster over the brick internally? Does anything else need to be done?

2 Answers from MyBuilder Bricklayers

Hi there, its as you descibed it, just brick up inside and out then plaster over


Answered 8th Jan 2018

yes as simple as you stated :D

if possible i would try to keep a gap between the inside and outside skins
(but if its an old barn cottage etc its not always possible)


Answered 9th Jan 2018

Post your job to find high quality tradespeople and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories