Carpentry & Joinery Question

Design for under-stairs cupboard

Does anyone know how/where i can source someone to drawer up plans for an under-stairs cupboard which will sit in a kitchen? The final job is going to be a bespoke joinery job but I am not sure where to get plans prepared, which maximise the limited amount of space available and ideally use kitchen planning ideas (such as the tall larder cupboards you can get with metal wiring shelves).

Any thoughts?


Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate the time and effort everyone has made. I will post the job on here in the late spring and summer (as I need to save up to get a quality job done!)

Thanks again and best wishes for a happy and prosperous new year.

7 Answers

Best Answer

Hello, r_b_gibbs,

Most joinery companies would be able to assist you with bespoke plans and manufacture of the unit. Look for local joinery companies. Failing that, cabinet maker is another option... They could well be your best bet.

Answered 24th Dec 2011

Rebel Carpenter

Member since 24 Sep 2008

My thoughts would be that if you're going to get a bespoke joinery firm to do your work,surely they would be able to draw up your plans as well..........that's what being 'bespoke' is all about isn't it?

Answered 25th Dec 2011

carl melady

Member since 1 Jun 2008

This is ready to post as a job.If you can find a good carpenter on here,you can plan this between you on site.

Answered 27th Dec 2011

Roc builders

Member since 25 Aug 2011

Any good kitchen designer should be able to sort you some plans and designs no problem.

Answered 24th Dec 2011

Ch kitchens bedrooms bathroom

Member since 4 Jun 2011

Most good carpenters and joiners would be able to measure up and design something to suit your needs.

Answered 24th Dec 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Hi, this is just a small amount of bespoke joinery detail, anyone good with a tape measure & joinery skills can do this, I do this all the time on jobs like kitchens, bathrooms, lofts/ garage conversions, lots of time it ain't even worth making a drawing as i can form the bespoke joinery as i go, by the time i would have a drawing done, i could have done the work required.
Hope this helps you, you just need a quality joiner.

Thanks Ken

Answered 26th Dec 2011


Member since 18 Nov 2011

Hi r_b_gibbs
You would need the services of a cabinetmaker.
Where are you?

Kind regards
Paul Sharpington

Answered 25th Dec 2011

Bellini Manufacturing

Member since 7 Apr 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Carpenters & Joiners who can help you with your project.

Search all questions