Plumbing Question

I have a sealed pan unit and need to replace seat,do i need to remove the whole pan

there are no nut fittings, just two plastic type hooks where the seat clips onto. so assume the screw part is within the pan. What to do?
The toilet is fiited into a cabinet,and to remove pan would have to break all the looks like a fitted kitchen.
Only the lid of the seat has been broken, but will need to fit complete new unit.

7 Answers

Best Answer

You shouldn't need to take the pan out. You can get top fixing
brackets where the fixing drops through the top and expands
the bottom fixing as you tighten it.

Answered 28th Dec 2011

Teesside Plumbing and Heating

Member since 18 Oct 2011

hi there, no you should not need to as the new toilet seat will have hidden clamp/bolt push through fittings.Just unscrew the old toilet seat screws and they will fall down on to floor but you wont be able to use them but they will remain there until it is new toilet seat as suggested on instructions

Answered 27th Dec 2011

DCW Bathroom and Kitchen Solutions

Member since 22 Nov 2007

W/C seats where you cannot get access to behind the pan should be of the type that is totally fitted from the top of the pan. The screws are normally either visible or covered by a cover plate (normally pushed on)

Answered 24th Dec 2011

kevin cassidy building contractors

Member since 16 Dec 2010

you could purchase a seat that is fitted from above there are many available.
you may find that the seat can be removed using screws on top of the pan or cutting off

Answered 25th Dec 2011

Steve Watts Kitchens and Bathrooms

Member since 15 Nov 2011

You can get to the screws or bolts buy removing the front of the units, they are usually removed by lifting them up , not an easy diy task, because sometimes the work surface has to be removed and the flush mechanism also ,Merry bathroom unit and a happy new toilet seat

Answered 25th Dec 2011

sovereign plumbing and heating

Member since 23 Nov 2011

No ,you can get proper seats for this type of pan but are more expensive,you dont have to take it out as they come with special screws

Answered 27th Dec 2011

Paul Caton Gas Services

Member since 23 Mar 2010

Is the pan "Wall hung"? (Not sitting on the floor) if so it sounds like Villeroy & Boch brand. Have a look and see if you can see a brand on the pan. If it is then Google the brand for a local dealer who should be able to identify and instruct.

Answered 18th Dec 2014

Step-Free Showers

Member since 12 Dec 2014

No feedback

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions