Ask a tradesman
Sound proofing walls, will need trades person to do the job. what materials would i need ?
When using dot and dab to sound proof walls besides acoustic plaster boards (8ft high-4ft wide 15mm thick) bags dot and dab what other materials would I need for a trades person to do the job? Do I need anything to go in the gaps between or on the boards like a particular type of tape/ filler/ caulking to make it more sound proof? And what about the plaster board does it need a finish or a seal of any type before it can be wall papered over or can you paper directly on the board? Thanks
1 Answer from a MyBuilder Plasterer
Sale • Member since 19 Apr 2017 • 61 jobs, 100% positive feedback
Hi this is why you need a fully trained trades person to do this job. Because they know the answers to these questions. This needs someone who generally is a plasterer but specialises in sound proofing and better if that person has a musical background.
I'm a qualified plasterer that can install plaster boards correctly but you are wanting a specific soundproofing job which i personally wouldn't get involved in as i don't know what i'm doing.
Try asking on here or elsewhere for a 'plasterer who knows about soundproofing' you never know, good luck.
Answered 31st Oct 2017
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- I need the main tv ariel in the front room, to be wired into 2 bedrooms, in my second floor flat. As i can't pick up freeview, in any of the bedrooms. What type of person do i need for this job?
- How much work do I need to do to be 'Satisfactory'
- I need a plasterer who knows about soundproofing walls
- Do I have to insulate solid walls? Can I not and just insulate rest of house.