Ask a tradesman


Sound proofing walls, will need trades person to do the job. what materials would i need ?

When using dot and dab to sound proof walls besides acoustic plaster boards (8ft high-4ft wide 15mm thick) bags dot and dab what other materials would I need for a trades person to do the job? Do I need anything to go in the gaps between or on the boards like a particular type of tape/ filler/ caulking to make it more sound proof? And what about the plaster board does it need a finish or a seal of any type before it can be wall papered over or can you paper directly on the board? Thanks

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Plasterer

Best Answer

Hi this is why you need a fully trained trades person to do this job. Because they know the answers to these questions. This needs someone who generally is a plasterer but specialises in sound proofing and better if that person has a musical background.
I'm a qualified plasterer that can install plaster boards correctly but you are wanting a specific soundproofing job which i personally wouldn't get involved in as i don't know what i'm doing.
Try asking on here or elsewhere for a 'plasterer who knows about soundproofing' you never know, good luck.


Answered 31st Oct 2017

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories