You could win £1,000 for your home! Post a job now to enter

Gas Work Question

Gas supply for flat conversion.

hi there. Looking for general advice on converting a two bed flat into two 1 bed flats. The current flat has a gas supply. Whats the easiest way to supply the second flat? Will it need a new pipe from the road or can it simply be t-ed off before the gas metre and another gas metre installed? What is the proceedure for this, can any gas safe tradesman carry out all of this work or will i need to contact the gas suppliers? What do I, as a customer need to do before listing a job on this site?

Gratefull for all responses!

1 Answer


You have to get in touch with your service provider to put you a seperate supply into your second flat, they will charge you a fortune for the pleasure and it will take weeks to sort out. Can you just split it after the meter and split the bill between both tenants ?


Answered 19th Dec 2011

Home Repair 24/7(uk)Limited

Member since 9 Sep 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions