Garages & Sheds Question

Does concrete base for a large shed in the garden comes under brick laying?

hi there, i have a new large shed which needs a strong concrete base... ive posted up a job in flooring get some quotes but seems ive got into the wrong catogory... please help..

11 Answers

Best Answer

Hello Julie,

If you look at the builders in your could invite them to quote

Or you can relist the job in a few different categories. Garages and Sheds, Brick laying, Handyman, groundwork and foundations... it's a job lot's of trades can do...



Answered 16th Dec 2011

Rebel Carpenter

Member since 24 Sep 2008

Common answers for where you question belongs are going to be groundwork,landscaping or garages and sheds.Personally i think your best price may come from "handyman".Some of these are pretty good and tend to have smaller overheads than most.

Answered 16th Dec 2011

Roc builders

Member since 25 Aug 2011

definately in the wrong section, unless you want a nice woodfloor or some well fitted carpet as your shed base!! Ground works or landscaping will be your best bet...

Answered 16th Dec 2011


Member since 26 Oct 2008

could try groundwork ,garden/sheds, or bricklaying

Answered 16th Dec 2011

ADR Property Maintenance

Member since 1 Mar 2009

Post it in Ground Works/ Brick laying

Answered 16th Dec 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

you should post the job on garages and sheds or groundwork and fundations

Answered 16th Dec 2011

C.F.C Ltd

Member since 11 Oct 2008

Garages and sheds would be the best catergory for this one.


Answered 16th Dec 2011

Briner & Sons Ltd

Member since 2 Mar 2009

this will come under ground works , new builds,extensions, coservatories ,a bricklayer will be able to do the jobs as its straight forwards,

Answered 17th Dec 2011

crest installations and maintenance services

Member since 25 Oct 2011

Yea, i would list in Bricklaying or Groundworks&Foundations

Answered 18th Dec 2011

James White Brickwork

Member since 13 Dec 2010

Hi, This should come under Shed and Garage erection but builders would do this as well.

Answered 18th Dec 2011

Haven Lea Tree Services

Member since 30 Jun 2011

You need a ground worker or general builder

Answered 18th Dec 2011

House Doctors

Member since 13 Jul 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local tradesmen who can help you with your project.

Search all questions