Ask a tradesperson

Architectural Services

I need a beam fitted in loft to support a chimney, according to a surveyor. i have had a structual engineer make drawings and am now looking for a builder. which category would this come under?

I posted the job under Chimneys and Fireplaces and only had one response. I have just posted it under Achitectural Services to see if that gets a better response.

4 Answers from MyBuilder Architectural Designers

Best Answer

you were probably in the right category in the first place.You could try restoration and refurbishment,conversions or bricklaying but its unlikely to get much more response.Your requirements are not the type of job that has tradesmen fighting for it but persevere and you will find someone.


Answered 14th Dec 2011

Hello john90,

I agree with Roc, I don't know why they have so many catergories, most are general building.


Answered 16th Dec 2011

I would pop it under loft conversions as it is working in the loft space. But as Hampshire carpenter says most jobs are general building. Maybe they need a new catergory.


Answered 19th Dec 2011

Hi ,, totaly agree with these guys,, be carefull who and how.. please put into plase a PARTY WALL AGREEMENT AS THIS WILL PROTEDT YOU FROM FURTHER GREAFFFFFFFFFFF FROM THE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR.
Dont be shy they will be glad you did as well

hope this helps


Answered 16th Jan 2012

Post your job to find high quality tradespeople and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories