Ask a tradesman


What type of tradesman

I need the gable end of a 3 storey house re pointed. Which tradesman best falls into the type of work. None of the trades in the list seem to fit

3 Answers from MyBuilder Roofers

Most cases this would be a bricklayer or roofer to do this job. But I sub-contract to a wooden window fitting firm as a Carpenter/fitter. And they get the painters to repoint the exterior window side after fitting. Anyone who is confident and applicable should be able to this required job required for you!


Answered 12th Oct 2017

This job comes under the category of roofers so roofing Be your best option I hope this is helped


Answered 13th Oct 2017

Re pointing can be done by roofers and brick layers. Obviously scaffold would be required and old mortar to be removed using small grinder to ensure good bonding of new material . Working at roof level , i.e , chimney, gabel ends and firewalls would usually be completed by roofers . Hope this helps . Many thanks . Matt


Answered 16th Jan 2018

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories