Gas Work Question

Commisioning a gas fire

We moved into a council house and it has a "non council" fire and fireplace(Royal cozy) Because of this the council wn't touch it untill it's signed off.
We would like to keep the fire but there is no paperwork/records. Can it be commisioned without actual instruction manual? We know it''s a royal cozy but unsure of model. In regard for spillage tests, the majority of gas fire online are all roughly the same.

Can it be done? How much should I be looking at paying?
Thanks in advance

2 Answers

NO you would need to get a manual as for cost it depends were you live and who you get to do the job

Answered 14th Dec 2011


Member since 1 Jun 2008

Sometimes you can trace manuals online .As for cost i agree but it will be a lot cheaper than a new gas fire ,post the job on My Builder

Answered 14th Dec 2011

sovereign plumbing and heating

Member since 23 Nov 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions