Ask a tradesman
Completed extention certification
Upon doing an extention to your property which is planning approved and building regulation approved - is there any other certification required to legalise the extention? I have building regulations completion certificate.
2 Answers from MyBuilder Extension Builders
Many thanks for your question and with all myrespect to my colleag I am sure that you Do NOT need a FENSA certeficate because you have a building control involved in the project also FENCA is for new building and changing existing windows to new one and you can find that clearly on FENCA website .
the Conclusion you will need only two certificate.
1- Gas certificate for Hob and boiler
2- Electric Certeficate
I hope my answer was clear and hopfull
Congratulation in advance and all the best
smiley building services
Answered 11th Oct 2017
Dear Shadmya, actually, in order to receive the building regulations certificate, you would have had to show the officer a copy of any FENSA certificates for Windows/Doors/Glass that are part of the new extension, also, a Gas Safe Building Regs Certificate for any new Gas Appliances such as a new Boiler, and and Electrical Certificate for any new circuits that have been installed in the new part if the house.
Ensure that you or the builder uses bonafide sub-contractors that are properly insured, regulated and check their credentials! ;) - GOOD LUCK!
Answered 11th Oct 2017
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- How near can my neighbour build an extention to my boundry, the size he is considering does not require plannning concent.In adition this extention is going limit view / sunlight can i object?
- Electrician has completed work but not given certification. How do I go about getting the work certified?
- Plug Sockets - Height requirements & certification
- Certifying work completed