Ask a tradesman


Completed extention certification

Upon doing an extention to your property which is planning approved and building regulation approved - is there any other certification required to legalise the extention? I have building regulations completion certificate.

2 Answers from MyBuilder Extension Builders

Best Answer

Dear Shadmya

Many thanks for your question and with all myrespect to my colleag I am sure that you Do NOT need a FENSA certeficate because you have a building control involved in the project also FENCA is for new building and changing existing windows to new one and you can find that clearly on FENCA website .

the Conclusion you will need only two certificate.

1- Gas certificate for Hob and boiler
2- Electric Certeficate

I hope my answer was clear and hopfull

Congratulation in advance and all the best

Kind Regards
smiley building services


Answered 11th Oct 2017

Dear Shadmya, actually, in order to receive the building regulations certificate, you would have had to show the officer a copy of any FENSA certificates for Windows/Doors/Glass that are part of the new extension, also, a Gas Safe Building Regs Certificate for any new Gas Appliances such as a new Boiler, and and Electrical Certificate for any new circuits that have been installed in the new part if the house.
Ensure that you or the builder uses bonafide sub-contractors that are properly insured, regulated and check their credentials! ;) - GOOD LUCK!


Answered 11th Oct 2017

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories