Windows Question

I have a cracked small bathroom window. would i need to replace the whole window, or just the panel

The glass on the inner panel of the double-glazed window has cracked, but not completely shattered. I would need it replacing, but would prefer not have the whole thing done, as this would prove quite expensive.

3 Answers

Best Answer

Hi millsy83

Yes you can just replace the doubled glazed panel. There should be no need to replace the whole window and frame unless this is damaged.

Hope this helps

Mike & Trevor

Answered 13th Dec 2011

ID Windows Doors Glazing

Member since 21 Nov 2011

Get a window fitter out, he will measure up for a new glass unit, takes a couple of days to get made up.
Involves taking out the glazing beads, replace glass and rebead.

Answered 13th Dec 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

you only need to replace the sealed unit,
providing the window frame is sound

Answered 13th Dec 2011

ADR Property Maintenance

Member since 1 Mar 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Window Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions