Ask a tradesman


Permission to break partition wall

I live on a ground floor maisonette. There is another owner living on floor above us.
I have a common partition wall between my ground floor flat and the adjoining flat on ground floor itself.

1) Do I need permission to break the common wall and make it a single big room.
2) Would it be safe to do this with rooms present on the floor above?

2 Answers from MyBuilder Extension Builders


You would need permission and with seeing the wall in question, it would be unprofessional to give any advice.


Dr Paul D Rogers


Answered 26th Sep 2017

I would suggest you speak with your local authority Building Control and seek advise, in addition you may want to liaise with a structural engineer.


Answered 4th Dec 2018

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories