Central Heating Question

Central heating vent outside moved or something to push steam away from security light sensor

i have moved a security light sensor twice because steam from central heating (exterior vent on blank wall between front door / Kitchen window and steam is effecting it,,,,, could a different outside fitting be fitted till i can afford new central heating

2 Answers

You could fit a plume management kit but you would need a gas safe engineer to fit it

Answered 11th Dec 2011

Paul Caton Gas Services

Member since 23 Mar 2010

You can sometimes fit a 'plume kit' this will expel the boiler fumes/burnt gases
away at a higher level, Get your boiler details and as a Boiler spares merchant to check availability.
The work will have to be carried out by a Gasafe registered engineer, and always check they have a valid badge/membership.

Answered 11th Dec 2011


Member since 19 Nov 2010

No feedback

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Heating Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions