Electrical Question

Over stove lighting

Removed a redundant extractor fan ab oe my stove/hob, and would now like to put a light fitting into the wall above my stove/hob. Any suggestions as to which light fitting to use? I like Lever arm wall lights, but obvsiously would need heat resistant glass cover and have it installed at leat 75cm above the hob. Ideas needed please if you have the time, or know of something similar you have installed yourself for a customer. Many thanks in advance for your thoughts

2 Answers

I've never been in this exact scenario, but if you source a light from an electrical wholesaler (or ask your electrician to do so). They can check with the manufacturer to see if the fitting you choose is safe to be used in this location. I'd probably avoid a plastic fitting fitting in this case though.

Answered 8th Aug 2017

AMG Electrical

Member since 4 Aug 2017

At your choice of fitting installed, a good supplier will advise on a suitable fitting. should be heat/flame resistant and switched. some oven hoods have combined switched lighting. installation / type will depend on location. advice that LED type fittings are now recommended over old bulb types but customers choice. A qualified competent person should always be used and final installation tested and approved

Answered 21st Feb 2018

B.K. Electricals

Member since 19 Feb 2018

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions