Electrical Question

Water leaking through light fitting

my bathroom sink has overflowed and the water came through the kitchen light fitting. As I and my husband were at work I didn't discover it until I got home, the electric supply had gone off but no switches on the fuse box had tripped. Do I need to call someone out?

1 Answer

Best Answer

Hi you would be best to get a qualified electrician out to check light fitting,as there may be water in fitting which has potential to cause problems if not dried out. It also sounds as though main rcd had tripped this is designed to trip quicker than your circuit breakers hence why no circuit breakers had tripped,unless the water is removed this may happen from time to time so best to get it checked.

Answered 29th Jul 2017

S Martin

Member since 8 May 2017

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions