Ask a tradesman

Kitchen Fitting

I need a certificate for electricity in a kitchen as the customer want it just in case.will you be abel to provide it to me ?

6 Answers from MyBuilder Kitchen Fitters

Best Answer

Maybe you shouldn't advertise on your profile that you are an Electrician if you can't certify your own work :/


Answered 5th Dec 2011

Much easier to have a fully qualified electrician as part of your team.How have you got around this in the past?


Answered 5th Dec 2011

What do you mean "just in case",Sounds to me like you shouldnt be getting involved in kitchen electrics in the first place and i pity your customer.


Answered 5th Dec 2011

Any work in a kitchen is classed as a special area and you need to be Part P reg to perform and certify it, the work needs notifying to building control office a Part P electrician would have done this. the only thing you can have done after is get a periodic inspection done and see if building control will accept it.


Answered 5th Dec 2011

As an Independent Kitchen fitter I would assume that you only use a qualified electrician to carry out any electrical work in a kitchen or bathroom and therefore there will be no issue with issuing a minor works certificate and indeed the periodic test certificate- if not you are falling foul of the current regulations.


Answered 13th Jan 2012

Yes, this is no problem, we can certificate everything from an ouside socket to a sports centre. If something shows up on the testing we would of course need to repair it in order to issue certification.


Paul Albright


Answered 5th Dec 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories