Ask a tradesman


Drive way block paving

If you can't put 150mm between dpc and the surface of the drive way what steps can you take to stop water lngress

2 Answers from MyBuilder Driveway Pavers

Best way would be to leave a gap between block paving and house wall of 150mm to 300mm. This means laying edgers parallel with house wall or haunching with concrete. The gap can be filled with gravel


Answered 4th Jul 2017

They is no written law as to the distance between damp course and the block paving, if the water or fall is going away from the house the should not be a problem as long as you don't breech the damp course, if falling towards the house the best thing is to install a run of Acco drains to catch the water and dispose of into the storm system or soakaways
Regards Peter


Answered 5th Jul 2017

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories