Ask a tradesman


Damage to my property - who's liable?

Next door was owned by a property developer who hired various builders over 2 years while renovating. The driveway company relaid the driveway a foot higher, touching my house. 6 months later, after the new owner has moved in, damp is coming through my wall and has caused major internal damage.
Who pays? --- My insurance, neighbours' insurance, previous neighbour (the developer company), the driveway builder...

2 Answers from MyBuilder Driveway Pavers

If the surface to be covered is more than five square metres planning permission will be needed for laying traditional, impermeable driveways that do not provide for the water to run to a permeable area.
changing levels to introduce steps where none existed before would be a contravention of the regulations.


Answered 12th Jun 2017

Contact your building insurance company and give them the details of the damage caused and the name of the company that done the work. They will then chase them up about the case to try and get it sorted on their behalf.


Answered 13th Jun 2017

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories