Ask a tradesman
How much will it cost to make a base for a shed/summerhouse 8m by 4m?
4 Answers from MyBuilder tradespeople
8m x 4m
In my area, 1midi skip for digout £165
Mot type 1 £35
Wacker hire £45
2 sheets steel mesh @ £25 ea optional
Concrete £320 if using ready mix,bit cheaper if self mixing but harder work.
2 men one day £300
£945 plus vat
If you do mix by hand I can assure you will need a lot more than 6 bags cement, as has been suggested, plus the other quantities, ie you need 3.2 cubic metres of concrete, maybe why their price is cheaper.
Answered 15th Mar 2011
me supplie matereils and laber about 300 with matereils and ude need 3 tone type one 1 ton qurter two dust 6 bags off cement water profer ..and a membrain under the concreet
Answered 14th Mar 2011
this shouldnt cost anymore than £1000.
including materials and selfmixing.
it should take roughly a day to complete for two tradesmen.
make sure you get a few quotes.
hope this helps.
Answered 20th Mar 2011
there is multiple ways of doing it. dig out by hand or by machine, concrete ready mix or hand mix or simple slabbing it. there is the cheap way or the expensive way so bottom line is your budget. for a shed/summerhouse I would just slab it but for a base that big I would concrete it. the bottom line is you get what you pay for these days as you can see from the replies but my price would be £1184.00 all in, concrete or slabbed.
Answered 27th Mar 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Fitting a Gas cooker / gas supply to it + a few more gas related question
- We have viewed a 3 bed house that will need refurbished. Is it reasonable to ask a builder to quote us for the work so we have an idea how much it will in the long term before we make an offer?
- Is there a 3 PHASE inverter out there that can manage a possible output of up to 60.000 watts for a tanning shop?
- Buying a house with a gas meter in bathroom? Is it safe? How much to get it moved?