Ask a tradesman
A trainee electrician looking for work experience in flintshire.
My name is Micheal Purschke and I live in Flintshire, Northwales and I am currently trying to find work experience in the field of electrical. I am currently studying an Electrical Insulation Course at Deeside College and excelling at this. I also have good GCSE's. I am a hard worker and don't shy from a challenge. I am struggling to find work experience so have come here for some help. If anyone is wanting an additional pair of helping hands or is just wanting to help me out, I will be very grateful. Many thanks. Micheal Purschke.
2 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians
Good luck with your search! You will find something soon. Keep up the hard work. Aaron
Answered 12th Dec 2011
Keep your head up Mike! I was in the same situation when I started. Make yourself 3 contact lists
1 local electricians
2 larger electrical firms in your area (ie George S Halls in stoke)
3 construction employment agencies in your region
Keep these list through out the years always adding your contacts.
Get yourself a JIB/ECS card graded as a "electrical labourer." This will get you on construction sites. This is important !
Job search should include "cable puller" "electrical Labour" "apprentice electrician" Electrician mate jobs might require more experience, and you may disappoint employers.
I started off as a general labourer with a renovation company during my first year of school and it got me some site experience to put on my CV
Good luck! mike mc
Answered 5th Jan 2012
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Looking for an idea of price for fitting a small washand basin in a WC which has never had one fitted. Bathroom in the next room has a washbasin fitted.
- I need a beam fitted in loft to support a chimney, according to a surveyor. I have had a structual engineer make drawings and am now looking for a builder. Which category would this come under?
- Looking for a full time employer in the electrical trade to start my course (Wolverhampton)
- looking for work experience in the leicestershire