Carpentry & Joinery Question

What category of tradesman is best for repairing/replacing bathroom flooring?

I have warped flooring in small bathroom, which I think is a result of water penetration. I don't know whether I should be looking for a carpenter/joinery specialist/bathroom specialist/flooring specialist, or a combination of the three? Any advise?

6 Answers

Best Answer

i would say a carpenter

Answered 29th Nov 2011

John Hodgins Plastering & Renovation Services

Member since 17 Nov 2011

what sort of floor is it,

Answered 29th Nov 2011


Member since 21 Nov 2011

depends what you want to replace it with

Answered 29th Nov 2011

TopJob Home Improvements

Member since 18 Nov 2010

I'm guessing you have laminate or wood flooring down? If so this is quite common in bathrooms. Best thing to. Do is rip it up and lay vynel or tiles. If you are laying tiles, a tiler can do the whole job for you. I imagine a vynel floor layer would do the same but can't be sure as I only do tiling. I would definitely avoid would from now on though. Carpet will also get damp over time. If you need a tiler let me know where you are and if your in my catchment area I can give you a price or I may know someone in your area regards Vinney

Ps don't give any numbers ect on this thread, you will have to advertise a job on here.

Answered 29th Nov 2011

Peterborough Tiling Solutions

Member since 25 Nov 2011

A carpenter should be fine...

Answered 30th Nov 2011

Rebel Carpenter

Member since 24 Sep 2008

A competent general builder/carpenter/plumber can replace the floor boards

Answered 13th Dec 2011

Concept building services

Member since 1 Jan 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Carpenters & Joiners who can help you with your project.

Search all questions